If you run into the issue where SharePoint 2007/2010 Document Libraries does not show some of the columns in View Properties/Edit Properties page, check if the columns are included in the default content type of the library. In order to do that,
- Go to document library settings > Advanced settings
- Select “Yes” for “Allow management of content types?” radio buttons and click OK
- Under the Content Types section in document library settings, click on the name of default content type (eg: “Document”) and check if the columns are present
- If the columns are not listed, click on “Add from existing site or list columns”, select desired columns in the list box on left, add them to list box on right and click OK.
- Go to advanced library settings again, select “No” for “Allow management of content types?” radio buttons and click OK.