The Microsoft Office Sustained Engineering Team has announced on Monday, May 16, 2011 that the Service Pack I form Office 2010 is on track to be released late June. According to the announcements, following are some of the improvements built into Office 2010 desktop products as well as SharePoint 2010.
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint "Use Presenter View" option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel.
See Microsoft blog for more information.