If you are using SSL Certificates for your SharePoint 2010 web applications, you will need to import the certificates into SharePoint trusted root certificate store in order to some services to work. Here is how you can export a certificate and import into SharePoint certificate store.
- Browse the web application via web browser with the SSL URL (https://contoso.com). Click on the lock icon on the address bar and click View Certificates.
- On the Certificate popup, go to Details tab and click “Copy to File” button.
- Complete the Certificate Export Wizard selecting the format “DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER)” to export the certificate into a .cer file.
- Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell as administrator.
- Type in the following commands one by one to import the certificate.
$rootca = New-Object System.Security.Cryptography.x509Certificates.x509Certificate2("<folder path\certificatefilename>.cer");
New-SPTrustedRootAuthority –Name “<friendly name for certificate>” –Certificate $rootca;